November Wood of the Month
4/4 Hard Maple Random Width – Save 10%
Random Width & Length Now $5.00/BF
- Hard Maple is a domestic lumber coming from Northeastern North America.
- Unlike most other hardwoods, the sapwood of Hard Maple lumber is most commonly used rather than its heartwood.
- Sapwood color ranges from nearly white, to an off-white cream color, sometimes with a reddish or golden hue.
- The heartwood tends to be a darker reddish brown.
- Hard Maple machines very nicely in addition to taking fasteners and glues well.
- Some uses for hard maple include, flooring, counter tops, cutting boards, musical instruments.
We also stock Hard Maple in 5/4, 6/4, 8/4, 10/4, 12/4, and 16/4.