What are some of the most sought after woods in the music industry? Are they in high demand because of their appearance, or is it the resonance that they delivery? Attention Luthiers, we have over 60 different species of wood in stock! Some of the more often sought after woods that we carry are:
- Ebony (Gabon and Indian)
- Clear Vertical Grain Douglas Fir
- Sitka Spruce
- Curly Maple
We have many customers that make instruments for their own enjoyment, and those who sell them commercially, both acoustic and electric guitars, bows for violins and cellos, dulcimers, among others.
OUR MUSICAL SERVICES
We have a few staff members that can play some instruments. This is a great benefit to you, as we understand and appreciate your need for tone quality and aesthetic beauty. This is what you are trying to accomplish with a piece of wood. Though we do not make any musical instruments, we do provide all the supportive shop services to size the materials for you so that you can go back to your shop and work your magic. Here are just some of the basic things we do for our customers.
- Glue-ups – we can book match guitar bodies
- Laminations – Do you need tiger maple over mahogany for your guitar? We can do that step for you.
- Re-sawing – We can take a highly figured piece of wood and re-saw it for you.
- Sanding – Our wide belt sander allows us to sand real thin slices of wood.
- Band sawing – We rough out parts for bodies, bows and any other irregular shape for you.
Please come in for a look around and expect to spend some time here as you are welcome to look through our inventory at your own pace. We look forward to meeting you.