Retail Hardwood Lumber General Information
- Our lumber is sold by the board foot.
- A board foot can be determined by multiplying, Thickness in inches (x) Width in inches (x) Length in inches, and dividing by 144.
- Most lumber is sold random width and random length and is first and seconds grade (FAS – 6″ and wider, 8′ and longer).
- Our basic lumber price includes: one straight ripped edge, and rough planing on 2 faces.
- We will cut long boards if you are looking for short pieces. Our general rule is to leave an 8 foot piece in the rack.
Milling and Labor General Information
- Your lumber purchase is tallied before milling is started.
- For additional planing there is a charge of .50/bdft
- Other milling services including joining, ripping, sanding, and much more can be provided at our general labor rate. ($95.00/Hour). An estimate will be provided to you before work begins.
- Some jobs, based on their size or complexity may not be able to be completed same day. In those cases, we will provide you with a sales order and the job can be processed through our milling production queue.
- When you purchase 100-249 board feet, you receive a 7% discount on your board foot price. Call for pricing on lumber orders above 250 board feet.
- Our commercial woodworking department generates many cross cut shorts and narrow rips. These pieces are available for sale at reduced pricing.